Painted Bud Vases

I found these precious little bud vases at Walmart for something like .96 or .98 cents.  I grabbed three.  I picked out 3 of my acrylic paints for the colors.  Dark Hydrangea, Heritage White, and Lipstick Red.  Wash and air dry the bottles first.  Mine were quite dusty.

Pour the paint in..I put a little too much, but it made coating the insides easier.  You can always pour the extra back in the paint bottle.

Then, I put a piece of wax paper on top, and you shake, shake, shake.  I had to hit it against my palm a couple of times to get it to go where I wanted it to.  The extra usually comes up to the top, and I just poured it out onto the wax paper, then scooped it back up into the paint bottle.

I swirled a paint brush around the mouth of the vases to smooth the paint, and then just let dry.  It seemed to take forever.  Probably because it was so thick inside.

And finished, wish a couple of silk buds since we don't have too many flowers around here this year.  The heat seemed to finish them off pretty quickly.  Even with regular watering.  I placed them around the house.  One in the office, one in the living room, one in the dining room.  The flowers are trimmed off of a strand of flower garland that I've had for a few years and never used.  Worked pretty well.


Ash said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! So cute. I need to make some more mason jars like that for fall. I see projects soon!

Karen said...

Well how cute are they! Ashley, Alaina and you need to make us all some for fall! ;o)

Ash said...

Cute! I saw these last weekend too, but had no idea you made them!