10.04.2012

New Hand Towel Holders

Our guest bath (the master too, really) needed some hand towel rings/holders.  I didn't want to go buy any, so we started looking through our scrap wood, and found enough 1x2 boards to make some.  The inspiration came from here.  But instead of horizontal boards, I did vertical.  I used three at 8.5 inches each, attaching them with the Kreg Jig on the backs.  I stained each board before attaching them, using Rustoleum stain in Dark Walnut.  I made a few rosettes from some extra white linen that I had from a pillow case and hot glued those suckers on, added some rubbed bronze hooks on there from Lowe's, found here, for only 1.46 a piece (score!), and attaced some saw hangers on the top corners of each one, and hung 'em!  I think they work perfectly in there.  (Sorry about the lighting, I was in a hurry, and there is not a lick of natural lighting in our guest bathroom, but you get the idea!)
 




Quick project that took me all of about 45 minutes to make both, and now each wall/sink has it's own towel hook.  Love it:)

2 comments:

Ash said...

Those are so freakin cute! I love the little flowers on them too. How did I miss the crafty gene?! So jealous.

Karen said...

They are so secure on the wall, too! I love this idea. You are very creative. Ashley, you did get the crafty gene, just in a different way! Look at the neat projects you do with Austin.
Love and miss you, Chris-priss!