9.05.2012

Burlap Wreath

I have seen this craft done on so many blogs and on pinterest, and decided I needed one for our house.  Little did I know.  This craft about did me in.  It looked so simple.  Looks can be deceiving!  I really want one done out of the natural colored burlap, and a red one.  But I just don't know if I can do it.  Maybe if I do them with the smaller wreath form.  For this one, I used the big wire wreath form (there's only 2 sizes at Michael's, so I'm not sure of the dimensions).  To start, I cut a zillion-baguillion (that is a real number, if you were wondering) strips of ivory burlap.  I cut them anywhere from 3/4" to 1 1/4" wide and about 11 or 12 inches long.  And then you tie.  And tie.  And tie.  Each row of wire gets about, oh, I don't know, 1,000 or so strips.  (I'm sure it's not that many, but it felt like it).  I double knotted mine so they wouldn't come undone.  You have to squeeze them in to make it really full!  I used almost a full 4 yards of burlap!  Can you believe that!  Thank goodness I found it for a little less than 3.00 a yard at Walmart.  Once you are done tying, make sure all the pieces are facing the front, and then I hot glued some strips of canvas on the back to help keep them secure.  I really love how pretty this turned out, and maybe if I give it another month or so, time will dull the bad memories, and I will try again.  But, I doubt it.





I am still accessorizing it for the season, and figuring out it's perfect spot in the house, but once it's all done and in place, I will post an update picture!

3 comments:

Ash said...

But it's sooooo pretty!! I want one!! I want everything on your blog.

I called you while you were making this craft.. you weren't as friendly as I felt you should have been. This wreath made you crabby.

:)

Karen said...

hehehehehehehe........been there, done that. Except mine was yarn. Sheesh. But it sure is pretty. Do you still have fingerprints???

Renea said...

LUVS IT! I want one.... :)