10.21.2008

A Bunch of Unrelated Thoughts

1. Jason finally sold his truck! It's such a relief. Now I don't have to worry with it for a year while he's gone.

2. I'm doing laundry today. It's my least favorite chore. No, no, dusting is. Wait, mopping, that's my least favorite. Nooo..toilets, scrubbing toilets..that's DEFINITELY it.

3. We're going to Mike's Farm on Friday. They have a country style dining restaurant that is so very yummy, then we are going on their spook trail hayride and picking out a punkin. I think it's fun to be a little scared;o) Hence the reason, I too, watch Ghost Hunters (Ash & Jenn).

4. I'm getting a new phone. It's one of those high techie things. It has a whole keyboard that slides out. Texting just got so much easier.

5. There are only 65 days left until Christmas! Where has this year gone? If only next year will go by as quickly!

6. My friend, Jessica, is coming down in 16 days. I haven't seen her in a year and 8 months. It will be a much needed reunion.

7. Jason has a "field op" coming up. He will be "in the field" for 4 days and nights. I sometimes hate military terms. Just say...you'll be camping in the woods for 4 days.

8. I'm totally stoked about our visit to Pine Ridge Church, on Jenn's invitation. Jason and I haven't been this pumped up about church in a long time, as we've had a lot of trouble finding a "fit" with moving around quite a bit.

9. Speaking of Jenn, I finally got to see her after 10 months when we went home and visited Pine Ridge last weekend. It was emotional. Boy, I missed her.

10. The military life doesn't always allow us to see our family and friends as much as I'd like. Military life is good, but it does have it's flaws.

11. I want to see snow. And not just on TV this year.

12. I talked to Austin on the phone the other day. He told me "miss you". Didn't just make my day, made my week.

13. It's lunch time. I know, because my stomach just growled like a stray dog cornered in a restaurant dumpster.

14. Since I now realize it's lunch time, this is my last random thought. I can never remember how to spell restaurant. I realize this is the third time I've used that word in this post, and each time, I have to refer back to spell it right.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Like your thoughts for the day. #3 - wish we could go too. #4 - so you're gonna type all the time now? #5 - cannot wait! #8 - we'll talk later. #12 - love that little guy!
Love,
Mom

Jennifer said...

Woot! Woot! Ghost Hunters... I'm watching it now ~ yes, I should be asleep.

Laundry is certainly my most despised chore. Hands down.

I missed you too :o(

......................

I just learned about your Uncle. I'm so so sorry. I don't know the details, but please call me if you need me. I love you!