6.25.2008

My 26th Birthday

Today, I am 26 years old. I'm sitting here in my hair rollers (that I went and got yesterday...see previous post), so what better time to post:) My friend, Rachel is taking me to brunch in a little bit and then shopping in a historic downtown coastal town. Then this evening, my honey is taking me out to dinner at Red Lobster (mmmm!). I will celebrate with my family next weekend when we go home for our joint 4th of July/Daddy's birthday/My birthday cookout:)

My sweet, sweet husband made me a birthday cake last night for today. He is so creative, that he got this idea in his head about what type of cake he wanted to make for me. We had a good giggle, because it's so tall, that it has a bit of a lean. Doesn't matter to me! It is definately the thought that counts. He always makes sure I can feel how much he loves me. AND cake is cake, no matter what it looks like!!!
Stirring up the cake:
Checking to see if they're done:

So proud that he didn't burn them:

The finished product:

Thank you so much, sweetie! I love you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet thing! May you feel blessed from the top of your head to the very soles of your feet!

That Jason, what a guy! The cake is priceless.

kdwhorses said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Popped over from your mom's blog (I am a regular there!) What a sweet husband you have and the cake looks wonderful! And chocolate to boot!
Sounds like you have a great day planned out, hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Red Lobster, yum-0!! HAve you tried there stuffed mushrooms? Man are they good! Eat some biscuits for me!

Karen said...

Oh my. Jason you did good, hon! I'm very proud of you slavin' in that there kitchen!
That's something you'll always remember, Christie!
Love you,
Me

Tracy said...

WOW! That's alot of cake for two people! Jason is adorable!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Christie! I, too, came over from your mom's blog :) Hope you have a blast and enjoy both of your birthday outings. Your husband sure is a sweetie to do such a thoughtful thing for you...awwww!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY bIrThDaY Christie-Love!

Jason did a great job on that cake! I bet it was YUMMY!!!!

I'm with kdwhorses....
eat some biscuits for me too!!!!!

Love you!

Kristi said...

WOW! That is SOME cake. What a nice husband! I found you through your mom's blog and thought I'd come by and say Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good one!

~Kristi

Dawn said...

Happy Happy Birthday! It is so sweet of your husband to make you a cake. You are so lucky to have a wonderful and thoughtful husband. Hope that your b-day was as wonderful and fun as you hoped it to be.

Christy said...

your husband is the sweetest thing ever. Go Jason!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Christie.
Great job to your husband baking your cake. It turned out great.