3.27.2013

These Shoes Were Made for Walkin'...

Lately, I've hit a wall with losing any weight, but I'm pushing on.  I'm trying to do what I know I need to do, and remember how much better I feel when I do it.  Exercise is hard for me.  Really hard.  I hate it.  Unless it's swimming.  And then I love it.  But even with our above ground pool, there is only so much you can do in 4 ft. of water, and I don't have a swimming buddy to go with me to the one on base, since my family has declared a no swimming alone policy for me.  Well, I think I've hit on something that I can stick with.  I'm walking at home with Leslie Sansone.  These workouts are actually no joke.  Ask Jason..he did one with me over the weekend, and he was for real sweating (and he's a marine who is used to working out!), I felt a bit justified after that.  I typically try to do a 3 or 4 mile video for 3 days straight, and then I take a one day break and start again.  I've been doing it for a little over 2 weeks, and I don't hate it.  I feel better, better blood sugars, and I'm sleeping better.  Plus, my back is feeling stronger, and my right foot has stopped hurting me (heel spur or something?).  I was able to buy several at Target and Amazon, so switching it up helps too because I'm not doing the same video, watching the same people, and doing the exact same moves every day.  I have workouts that are 1-2 mile if I don't have a lot of time, all the way to 5 miles.  I'm slowly getting to where 4 miles doesn't cause me to collapse at the end, so hopefully the 5 miles is not too far away.  Plus, J took me to get new shoes.  Shopping for anything always motivates me a little more.  Plus, these pretty blue and pink shoes are just so bright and fun, that I look forward to wearing them.


So, I've been starting my days with a Tinker Bell mug full of coffe, and I'm striving to get back into devotions every morning.  Then I strap on those pretty tennis shoes, and walk.  Even if I'm not seeing it on the scale, my body is feeling it.  And that's what I keep reminding myself of!

4 comments:

Karen said...

....and that's just what they'll do! Walk right on home to.....
well....HOME! Yay! :o)

Ash said...

I need to walk. I hate walking, but it's so good for you! I am proud of how hard you are working at this, you are inspiring :) Plus I LOVE your tinkerbell mug. I need one.

breakmydreams said...

Love the look of your shoes and your coffee cup as well as the fact you have the same walking video as me :D

I need to get back into walking again because being sick I haven't done any workouts and it shows with my weight right now :(

Karen said...

ok, put those shoes on and walk back over to the computer. I need updates and pictures. NOW!

Love you, ;)