Kinda dark, nothing spectacular, and didn't feel that welcoming or restful.
We got a king bed about a month or so ago, and didn't have a rails or a headboard, as mentioned 2 or 3 posts ago, so we built a headboard. And we bought some rails.
We started by pulling the batting strips down and "mudding" them, as we did in the bathroom, to make the walls seamless. This took about 3 days. You should have seen the house, there wasn't a single surface untouched by the drywall dust. That was a really huge challenge for my OCD nature, but I got past it. Well, not totally, but enough so that I didn't lose my mind. We drug our mattress into the living room and slept there for the time being, it was the furthest room from our room, so it wasn't affected by the dust as much. Here's what it was looking like:
You can see the piles of dust on the floor, this was after the first sanding.
Jason is really getting good at this:)
After the drywall came the paint. I didn't get a picture of just the paint because we finished it the night right before we left to go home for the weekend, and we finished at like 9 pm and still had to pack. So, no pictures of that. Once we got back, we were able to finish up with the touch-ups, baseboards, and ceiling trim. Then, we put the room back together, and this morning, I FINALLY finished the last few things. We repainted our bookshelf to match the headboard. That thing brought out the evil in me. I seriously sat in the floor and cried for 5 minutes, at least (my
New bedding. I am loving light blue and red together these days, so I pieced our bedding together, and am pretty happy with the outcome. The wall color we used is Hopsack by Valspar (paint and primer in one...which I ♥).
Newly painted star and new curtains that Ashwee found for me. And then there's that durn bookshelf.
We thought about painting all of the furniture to match the headboard, but I ended up liking the contrast, plus the room is so much lighter now, the darker furniture offsets it nicely.
The iron scroll and candle holders were black, so they got a face lift to match the headboard too. Then I put together a flower arrangement to match the new colors.
The re-purposed lamp shades:) Notice the little pillow with numbers on it? I made that too! I sewed a linen pillow case for the pillow form and then painted our wedding date on it. It says "established 3-5-05".
The new baseboards. Oh, and I believe you can see a left over wood shard. Grr.
New ceiling trim, too.
So, it's done, and I'm so happy with it. I feel like it's so peaceful in there now. And on sunny days, the room just lights up. Now on to the next project, just not too soon!
Oh, and I know the space over the headboard is blank and boring. I have big plans for that space too. My thinking for that space is doing something like this:
I plan on ordering my canvas prints from Walmart's online photo department. For faux canvas, they cost about 30.00 for 16x20 prints. The decal is from www.lacybella.com. They come in all colors too. Now to choose the right photos!