3.24.2007

My Bears

I got this idea from my friend, Candy's blog at Candy and Roses, it seems we share the love for cuddly teddy bears. She wrote about some of her bear collection and I want to tell a little about a few of mine. The first one is a bear that I've had since I was 12 years old, I got it for Christmas that year. My mom and I used to visit this little store called Vine Designs. They always had hot apple cider and cookies there so of course I loved it! I spotted this precious find several months before Christmas and my mom went back and got it for me soon after. I like to think that I saved this bear because that cute little shop burnt down soon after.This next one is one I've had for almost 3 years now. My husband (at the time he wasn't my husband just yet) went to Build-a-Bear workshops and built this one for me. The significance of this bear is that after he made him, he dressed him in just a cute little baby blue t-shirt...the reason, I had just found out that my sister was having a boy! He knew how excited I was about my sister having a little boy and me getting a nephew:)
And the last one I'm going to tell you about is my newest bear, I've only had him for about 2 months. It has become tradition now that Jason builds me a bear to remember certain occasions, or for certain circumstances. This one was another one that Jason made for me. He gave him to me for Valentine's Day so that when he left, I'd have this bear to squeeze at night. He dressed him in the Marine dress blues uniform and he even came with a hat (that is still packed b/c it kept falling off and I didn't want to lose it in the move). Now if you've never been to a Build-a-Bear, you need to try and visit. It's so neat. You get to pick out the heart that goes in them and stuff them, pull the stitches to seal it up, name it, print out a birth certificate, and pick out it's outfit(s). Jason picked out the purple heart for the diabetes foundation, it donates $1.00 for every heart. He named it after him, of course, and added the heart that he is holding to be a little reminder that he loves me when he can't tell me himself due to being gone.
I have lots more, but many of them are in our storage unit. So, therefore, I figured I'd just share my 3 favorite ones that stayed with me during all the moving from there to here, from here to there. Aren't they just sweet?

13 comments:

Jason said...

hey sweetie
i liked your post you do such a good job that this stuff. keep up the great work you should do one on your pocket books. lol you got more of them then bears. :) i love you so much baby can't wait to read the next one until then i love and miss you so very much
your hubby

Karen said...

Yep, Jason's right. You do need to do one on the purses. He buys you a new one everytime you glance sideways at one.! LOL!!
I MISS Vine Designs. :o(

Lori said...

They are sweet! I love all your bears. They look so soft.

Those Build a Bears are neat!

Heather K said...

Aww cute bears... the sentiment behind them is sweet!
Heather

Gena said...

I love the little Marine bear! My girls love Build-a-Bear, too. They usually go for the dogs, rather than the bears. They have quite a collection, themselves!

Hey, from reading the posts from your Mom and Hubby, you DO need to post your purse collection. I LOVE purses and bags. It seems as if everywhere I go, I have to buy them. I even like the little bags you can buy at places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to reuse when you shop. I'm just a bag lady at heart. :)

Gena

Tracy said...

I love your bears. And it sounds as though you have a wonderful hubby. Cherish him!

Kelli said...

Awww..your bears are so sweet!! Very huggable!Thank you for sharing your special memories with us!!
Kelli

Open Roads Mama said...

Hi! Came across your blog through reading other people's blogs and comments :-) So I decided to say hi. You've got a nice blog going, keep it up! Will visit again soon. Have a great day.

Jason said...

Hey sweetie pie honey bunny sugar lips, just thought i would drrop by to say I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!! and i cant wait for you to post on your pocket books thats going to be a good one don't forget the camera bag thats really not a camera bag :) i love you so much i hope you get to feeling better soon!!! talk to you soon

Christy said...

That is so sweet!!! I used to have a million teddy bears when I was little and I don't know what happened to them! That is so sad isn't it?!?!

I love reading Jason's responses...sooo sweet!

Trella said...

I love your bears, and that is so sweet of your hubby!
Trella

Candy said...

HI Christie!!!
I love your bears!!! Thanks for sharing pics of them!

:)
Big hugs,
Candy

Unknown said...

I love your bears too. And I love your sweet notes from your hubby. Isn't it neat that he can read your posts halfway around the world? I remember before email (in the dark ages) when we had to mail letters. That far away it could take weeks.

And yes, siblings, raised in the same home, same parents, same gene pool, you'd think that they'd be somewhat alike. But no! As a parent, and you will see this in your own kids some day, the hardest thing is when you see the BAD parts of your own character coming out in your kids. And all you can do is say, "Well, I gave them that". Eeeek. Scary. So which one do you think I am????